Some days I forget to take pictures. :) The past two days were two of those days. Oops!
We finished Unit 8 for Bigger and LHFHG today!
We also managed a "field trip" to the dentist this morning (our six month cleanings). :o) D gets very anxious and I know it was of God that the character trait he studied this week with unit 8 was COURAGE! His Bible verse went so well with talking through his "fears" of the dentist.
Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is safe.
He put his faith/learning in action and was not super-fearful this morning! He did a great job. No tears through the cleaning!
D added "King Philip" and "Captain Benjamin Church" to his timeline today. He enjoyed the history stories this week about both of these men (and I did, too!).
We put tape over his "wampum" belt he made earlier in the week so it could be glued to his notebook. I'm not sure it will last more than a few months. Note to those of you reading who will do this project in the future...use TONS of glue. I'm not sure adding water the glue was really necessary?!?! He journaled around the belt copying a sentence from the book explaining what wampum is.
We also read the story of Daniel today for D's Bible Study. K was in the room when we did it so she was able to enjoy our discussion. It always amazes me that there is NO SMELL of smoke on S, M and A when they came out of the fire. AMAZING! Our God is GREATER!!!!
Putting together Legos!!! This is the greatest toy ever...and the new FRIENDS Legos for girls are great! The girls are LOVING having fun-colored Legos with cute little accessories. Below D is helping K and C put a few sets together. :)

K had her first sewing lesson yesterday- how to cut out a pattern and cut out the fabric pieces. She sat with me while I began to sew the dress, but didn't stay the entire 20 minutes it took to complete it with the hemming & velcro in the back. :o) It turned out cute. We have a jacket that matches to complete next...she wants to be able to use my machine, but I'm holding off. I let her put her hands on my arms, but I don't want her tiny fingers near the needle yet. And yes, I've looked at the kid sewing machines but the reviews are awful. They break really fast.



No comments:
Post a Comment