Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lego e-mail reply!

Last week one of D's activities was to send an e-mail to the Lego company asking a question. He sent the following...

I really enjoy playing with my Legos. I would like to know what it takes to be a Lego designer. Is there anything special you need to study in school or college? Thank you for your time.
D, age 7

Over the weekend I received this reply...he was delighted they replied to his e-mail!

LEGO® Model Designers usually go to college and study 3-D Arts. Some have also studied architecture, industrial design, theatre design or even sculpting! Actually, if you're interested in becoming a Designer the best thing to do is play with LEGO sets as much as you can. Try building something as realistic as possible. When we meet people who want to become designers we often ask them to build a small head in four hours. It's not as easy as it sounds! Being a LEGO Model Designer is a lot of fun: you get to work all over the place and meet new people. One day you might be building a huge castle at LEGOLAND and the next you could be building hundreds of tiny fish to swim in the moat! Can you imagine a better job?

1 comment:

  1. So happy Drew got a response to his email. I can see him as a designer/engineer. Drew,Keep up the great design work. We are proud of you. Love, Nana & Papa

    ReplyDelete